Setting free the roar within you
Where is your Roar? It isn’t a question we ask ourselves on daily basis, I certainly don’t! I have been loving listening to the Katy Perry’s song Roar recently. I love the lyrics and the fire in it. It got me thinking about how we all have a choice to release the tiger and roar within us or keep it tamed and quiet inside.
‘I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely’’
So often in life we can tow the party line, stick within the rules of what is expected of us – be it from a relationship, society or within or family/ friend tribes. What if the rules were ripped up and you released your roar? What would you do? Where would you go? And what would not put up with anymore?
‘I guess that I forgot I had a choice’
And that is the thing- We all have a choice – hard as it is (and it does take courage to step apart from what’s expected of us)
Here are some ways to connect into your fire and the tiger within;
- Get physical – Using our bodies shaking up the energy I believe can all connect us into our fire and passion within all of us. Go for a walk, go for a run, play some sport, have a dance, do whatever you need to shake up the energy within and break free of the restraints.
- Ask yourself what a life with choice and following your tiger would involve? What elements can you bring into your life now?
- Reflect- What ways are you hemmed in? How can you break free?
- Speak from the belly- your fire and moving energy lives in your stomach. Breathing a deep breath in and imagining speaking from your stomach allows you to connect to this part of you.
- Have courage- often we live in fear of being rejected for being different, for saying something different, for being unique, how can you connect to your courage? Where does it live within you?
‘I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am the champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion’
We all have the tiger and fighter within us- that part to help us get up and carry on, move on from situations that aren’t good for us – we are all champions and we are all able to roar if we let ourselves.
How can you set yourself free today?
I coach clients who want to break free of the rules imposed on them by their inner critic, but are finding it a challenge. Get in touch for your free sample session.